In the Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (PNP) track, we prepare nurse practitioners with extensive clinical practice and role preparation for advanced practice in pediatric primary care. Students work with physicians and nurse practitioner preceptors, and are given access to a wide variety of clinical agencies and practice settings.
Our core courses prepare you with the foundational knowledge required of all graduate students. These core courses can be taken on campus or online.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.Graduates also have the option to continue in the Doctor of Nursing Practice program.
At the completion of this track, the graduate will be able to:
- Integrate advanced knowledge and experience in delivering safe, effective quality care to pediatric clients in primary care.
- Demonstrate competence in managing the health/illness status of pediatric clients in primary care.
- Manage and negotiate within the health care delivery system on behalf of pediatric clients in primary care.
- Monitor and ensure quality health care for pediatric clients in primary care.
- Incorporate an understanding of growth and development in planning and providing primary health care for pediatric clients.
- Demonstrate leadership and competence in implementing the role of the primary care nurse practitioner
- Engage in counseling, communication, collaboration and teaching in a manner that reflects caring, advocacy, ethics and professional standards.
- Conceptualize one's individual role as a primary care nurse practitioner and one's personal philosophy of primary care practice.